So I've been learning Powershell and it's pretty, well, powerful and, since
August, open-source and cross platform. And it's not only for server
operators. But enough asides...

Powershell is command-line-based and I like making a GUI on top of useful
command-lines (as I have done with AWK and WGET) because I am forgetful
about syntax and a UI, with built-in reference, which builds and runs
commands from a few clicks is just better than typing (and mistyping) a lot.

My preference for the presentation would be HTML and my preference for the
logic would be JavaScript. However, I need access directly to the operating
system (no browser sandbox).

I could use NW.js but then I'd have to build my own UI. My thinking is:
could/should I use TW5 Desktop? Can TW be leveraged as an application
platform which is not necessarily a wiki (i.e. info platform).

I think TiddlyWiki would be a great platform for a rich/hypertext version
of the Powershell Help System/Reference. But I want to add on top of that
and have, in addition to the cmdlet reference, a kind of builder UI. So I
can search or navigate to a cmdlet, read it's syntax, see some examples AND
run those examples AND build my own execution of that cmdlet.

Ideally the UI will allow a preview of the output objects of cmdlets (using
the `ConvertTo-JSON` cmdlet) as tables or trees and piping these outputs to
other cmdlets. Even more betterer would be a kind of flowchart drag and
drop like snaplogic but that's a way down the line.

So, in addition to the questions above, can plugins within TW Desktop work
like standard node modules and require modules like `node-powershell` and
just execute OS commands?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/e0439414-f8c9-4d8f-aadd-6157332381d8%40googlegroups.com.