> Many PR are better off as plugins.

The new Mod-Loader could help, in cases where plugins need to change core
functionality.  I'm designing this facility to provide an option "in
between" core-shadowing and pull requests, as well as easier distribution
of branch functionality in the form of mod plugins.

Time permitting, I'd like to discuss some core changes that could help
improve the modloader's forward compatibility (see the "bootloader module"
thread).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/b71fc73d-8e61-4f3c-b7f1-89bc3b56d558%40googlegroups.com.