Hi Bimlas

Thanks for the report, that’s very helpful.

There’s quite a lot that’s changed between v5.1.19 and the current prerelease,
not just the indexing. One quick thing to try might be to make some more
timings while manually enabling and disabling the indexing mechanism in the
prerelease.

The easiest way to disable the indexing is to overwrite the following two
tiddlers with new tiddlers that don’t have a module-type field:

$:/core/modules/indexers/field-indexer.js
$:/core/modules/indexers/tag-indexer.js

Then we’d be able to compare three timings:

* v5.1.19
* v5.1.20-prerelease (including indexing)
* v5.1.20-prerelease (without indexing)

Many thanks,

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/549AE8F6-2B77-4A3E-8914-E3323EB34641%40gmail.com.