Sorry for the late reply. ... I Wasn't aware, that I can only see, if
something is going on, if I change the group :/

On Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at 11:48:23 PM UTC+1 TonyM wrote:

> So perhaps we now need to ask
>
>    - How do we go about a degree of rationalisation
>    - code pages English + Extended Symbols and utilities eg mathematical
>    alphanumeric's
>    - font recommendations
>    - Multi-Platform support
>
> TT What do you perceive should be included?.

Hi folks,
Interesting discussion. I did implement the different glyphs, for
experimentation, so we can see how it works out. My conclusion atm is: That
it creates way more problems, as it solves. .. Really! I don't want to
explain, that users need a special font. .. It has to work out of the box.

At the moment we have:

   - There are 4 "inline" elements
      - __ underscore__, ﹙ little﹚, ⠒ braille⠶, /° slash°/
   - There are 6 "block" elements

I did play around with "braille" a little bit and for me it is _not_
visible enough in plain text. ... So I'm inclined to remove it for the
initial (beta) release. ...

I do like "underscore" because it's easy to see in plain text, but it needs
more internal code :/.

"little" causes unicode problems. ... I'd like to remove it.

So I may end up with "underscore" and "slash". They don't cause unicode
problems and are present on every keyboard.

I'm inclined to stick with the block elements for the initial release.

My main point is, that I don't what to deal with the unicode support
problems. The advanced usecase of the plugin is difficult enough to
explain.

just some thoughts.
-mario