TT,

It would be interesting to look at a selective font, as a last resort, that
we could embed in tiddlywiki with only the symbols we need. I have seen
font builders around but it remains a bit of a dark art to me. Most users
such as myself have most of the Unicode covered (as I use Windows 10) so a
local font is likely to satisfy the requirements. I would be surprised if
any would have to revert to the last resort font if we choose the fonts
correctly (or check the existing ones)

However I am not sure this is needed.

Font Family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Helvetica,
Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol"
Code Font Family: "SFMono-Regular",Consolas,"Liberation
Mono",Menlo,Courier,monospace

   - Then inside $:/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/base we see different font
   family provided to different html elements. So in the development process
   some recommendations have being followed or some serious analysis of fonts
   generally available have being selected.
      - Perhaps we can find some updated recommendations that include the
      additional character sets we need for all platforms.
      - In the above we may need to extend the Code Font Family.
   - If necessary we can just add via an additional stylesheet.
   - As I understand this we are listing fonts to use "if they exist
   locally" and if they do not it reverts to the next best (using some details
   of the fonts available)
   - When using customise we need to see our glyphs, and they do not appear
   in the output, So a Tiddlywiki delivered to an audience that is not reading
   the code it would not matter if no font exists for those Unicodes, the
   customise should still work even without font glyphs available.

The thing I find frustrating is fonts seem not to document the "code pages"
they include.  There must be Unicode rich ones available for linux and
apple and other devices as there is for Windows.

Tones