TonyM wrote:

> It would be interesting to look at a selective font, as a last resort,
> that we could embed in tiddlywiki with only the symbols we need. I have
> seen font builders around but it remains a bit of a dark art to me. Most
> users such as myself have most of the Unicode covered (as I use Windows 10)
> so a local font is likely to satisfy the requirements. I would be surprised
> if any would have to revert to the last resort font if we choose the fonts
> correctly (or check the existing ones)

Right. Last resort in an internal TW cascade. Lot of work BUT would be *a
reliable way round Cross-Platform UN-certainty.*

Whilst I agree that Windows 10 "font stack" (i.e. substitution order by OS
for fonts lacking in a TW defined CSS cascade) is very rich, it is still
needing clarity on what is going on.

*Why? *Because different regional installs can make available different
fonts in different W10 regions (Asian v. European probably being the
largest mass issue). Frankly, I do NOT know, with certainty, how much of an
issue this is in practice. The MS documentation is not that easy to
understand. And the font substitution process is sophisticated.

Best wishes
TT