Wow - I mean just WOW! I just spent I-don't-know-how-long reading all
this stuff - yes, ALL four threads (I managed to resist hunting down any
off shoots to the main forum but if there's anything over there I SHOULD
read, please let me know!)

Joshua - your guidance and background on unicode codepoints and the
potential disconnect with font support is second to none. Excellent
diligence!

Tony - your meticulous testing and support of Mario is outstanding!

Mario. What can I say? Your parser knowledge and practical application is
clearly well-grounded in TW code culture (a programming genre in its own
right). HUGE congratulations for getting even this far.

Okay, praises over, now some questions - apologies in advance if I ask
something you think clearly explained somewhere in the tome ("threads"
seems like an understatement, so "tome" it is)...

*Scoping rules*
What is the scope of \somepragma? Is it possible to globally define them
easily? I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Wondering if
$:/tags/Macro might do the job - it shouldn't but I'd understand if it did.

*Pragma definitions*
(@PMario) Like me, you were probably thankful when JavaScript started to
support arrow functions - the brevity alone lent itself to a boost in
productivity. Therefore I'm wondering why \customize can't be reduced:

Here is the code for your table example above:

\customize tick=table _element=table _endString="/endTable" _mode=block

Would/could something like this work?

\->table _mode=block
\->caption

´table ´caption Some caption text
 ... stuff ...
´/table

I'm inferring that tick=table can be treated as redundant.

And, depending on your answer to my question about scope, use this for
"local tiddler only" scope:

\->*table _mode=block

Thanks again for a fabulous read guys!