On Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 6:42:53 PM UTC+1 @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

*...* It would be *a very minimal font embedded in TW for JUST markup
> glyphs. It would be kilobytes, not megabytes*. To get to the point of
> proof-of-concept I need some days yet, but I'm getting close. Its just
> trudge over the Unicode BMP to establish which fonts would provide the
> glyphs needed, cost free, to make a good "TW-MarkupGlyphsFont".

If that would be available I'd be happy to test it. I'd install it directly
on my PCs, to keep up with performance. ... But there are possibilities to
add them with CSS too. So it should be simple to create a new plugin, that
would provide this function.

-mario