On 03/17/2013 08:05 PM, saidj...@aol.com wrote:
Ed,

the calculation is the same, however the numbers are 100ps for 53132A
versus 350ps, and I have not seen an average systemic offset being displayed on
any of the 3x 53132A units I use, and I see one on the SR-620. That's  why
I sent it into SRS for calibration, paid the $$$ and got it back with the
same exact offset and a statement that it is operating within specifications
so  no adjustment is necessary.

HP manages to show zero error on average, with the digits bouncing back and
  forth. The SRS unit manages to show a hard frequency offset. If I remember
  correctly the SR-620 even shows this offset with it's own reference
connected to  the inputs, the HP does not.

You can calibrate it out. SRS techs just being lazy, but it is not a bad design.

They could have included it in the autocal thought.