Hi

It’s not an electrical issue as much as a heat issue ….

Before you start, consider that you will be doing something like:

Move trimmer 1 turn CW
Wait 10 minutes
read frequency
Move trimmer 1 turn CW
wait / read
Move trimer 1/2 turn CCW
wait / read
Move trimmer 1/4 turn CW
wait / read
Move trimmer 1/8 turn CCW
wait / read
Move trimmer 1/16 turn CW
wait / read
Move trimmer 1/32 turn CW
wait / read

That is indeed an ideal version. You likely will do multiple steps at each of
the stages rather
than get it right the first time. The part needs to be warmed up for a few days
before you
can get to the 1/32 turn level. You also need a good standard to compare to.

Bob