On 4/12/18 6:57 AM, Ole Petter Rønningen wrote:
I think teqc.exe can read ubx-files directly

Ole

12. apr. 2018 kl. 12:46 skrev jimlux <jim...@earthlink.net>:

It turns out that some of the newer Android phones support an API which returns
raw GNSS data and that can be logged to a file in RINEX format. There's a few
apps out there that do this although I've not tried it (my Samsung S6 doesn't
have the right hardware).

In any case, it might be interesting, if you have one of these devices, to let
it log for a while, with the phone in a fixed place, and then post process the
data.

I ran across this when looking for software to generate RINEX files from data
from NEO-7 GPS modules (which I'm still looking for)

_

I'm working in a Beaglebone environment - ARM, Debian- so the Windows tools don't work. Before I go out and write python code to push characters out the serial port and get the output, I was hoping that someone had done some of this before.. I can do the conversion from a binary file to RINEX somewhere else.

rtklib might do the trick, but might also be overkill. It seems that all I need to do is send the right strings to the GPS and it will start spitting out the right binary messages, which I then capture and post process. (perhaps using rtklib's utility to do binary to RINEX).