On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Henri Gomez wrote:
> The users will decide. Be fair, let them evaluate TC 3.3.

        Speaking as a user, this doesn't make sense.  It's fine to compare
two different products, but it doesn't make any sense to compare two
different versions of the same product that are undergoing simultaneous
release cycles.  Especially when you ask the list which you should be
looking at, and you get one answer: "V3.3 because the architecture is
better and V4 is an unstable rewrite," followed immediately by "V4 because
the architecture is better and V3.3 is an unstable rewrite."  The
immediate reaction to which is, "if the *developers* can't even figure it
out, I'm going elsewhere."
        I'm not saying you should cut off all 3.3 development, I just
think it should fork and use a name other than "Tomcat".  Maybe "xTomcat".
:)

Aaron