David Rees wrote:

> Frankly, I am disappointed in the development process of Tomcat.  I posted a
> simple documentation patch (See bug report 528) two weeks ago for the FAQ
> included with the Tomcat 3.x and posted a couple messages about it.  I
> haven't heard a thing about it and saw the release of 3.2.1 come and go
> without the documentation fix.

The reason this occurred is that a significant security bug was found,
warranting an *immediate* 3.2.1 release that bypassed the usual testing cycle
that a beta should go through.  This wasn't the only thing that didn't make it
-- but security issues are serious and need to be dealt with.

Normal processing of bug fixes and patches on the "tomcat_32" tree is now
feasible for a 3.2.2 release.

Hint:  I am not the only committer on this project -- others are welcome to help
integrate changes too.

> -Dave

Craig