David Rees wrote:

> Hi Craig,

I'm glad you understood.

A week would be plenty of time, except that:

* All the active committers are spending most of their time on "3.3"
  or 4.0, not on 3.2.

* I personally had some Sun deadlines (which required changes to
  the 4.0 code) totally blown away by the need to do the security
  updates, and I'm not caught up yet.  (To their credit, Sun recognized
  the priority issues involved in security fixes.)

Of course, these problems are fixable if we had more committers ... especially
ones interested in applying bug fixes to the current production release to keep
it stable and appropriate for production deployments.

(NOTE:  Anyone who receives committer status gets commit access on all branches
of all the project's CVS repositories.)

> > Normal processing of bug fixes and patches on the "tomcat_32" tree is now
> > feasible for a 3.2.2 release.
> >
> > Hint:  I am not the only committer on this project -- others are
> > welcome to help
> > integrate changes too.
>
> Right, I'm not about you specifically, Craig (I think you're doing good work
> on the 4.x tree and are usually very responsive on the tomcat-user/dev
> lists), but I really would have expected one of the committers to pick up
> the patch.  I would just hate to see someone else pound their head against a
> wall for a few hours because of incorrect documentation.
>
> Anyway, slightly off-subject now.
>
> I'm curious to hear your reply to Jon's post.
>
> -Dave

Craig