Hi,

My 2 cents.

Our need at SAS Institute is for a Servlet 2.2/JSP1.1 that is as stable
and as spec compliant as possible.  That need isn't likely to change
for at least 6 to 8 months.  By the time many of our customers start
using Servlet 2.3/JSP 1.2, Tomcat 4.0 may be in maintenance mode and most
committers will have moved on to Tomcat 5.0.

Since I have more to gain by helping to finish the clean up of Tomcat 3.x,
that is where I plan to spend the majority of my time.  I think there
is a need for a RI for Servlet 2.2/JSP 1.1 that does better than Tomcat
3.2.1.  If Tomcat 3.3 can prove it is as stable as Tomcat 3.2.x and is
more spec compliant than 3.2.x, I think it would be a disservice to
not release it as the final RI for Servlet 2.2/JSP 1.1.

Cheers,
Larry