>> It should be noted that when this plan comes up for a vote, a +1 by a
>> committer will constitute a commitment not only to helping
>with the release,
>> but to provide maintenance support beyond the release.

The +1 / +0 may afraid some people with spare time now but not sure to
be able to help in some month (ie after release).

Why not just provide the +1 up to the release ?

I couldn't tell you if I could still spend time on TC after May 2001
;-(

I'm +1 up to release, and after all stuff will on my work load.

regards