I was using default memory settings on a win2K box
running 4.1.5.

the free memory before starting tomcat is 150megs.
After a I hit my test pages with a browser, the free
memory is around 98megs.

I used 8 concurrent threads with Jmeter hitting a page
with lots of JSP tags.  My second test was with a
simple scriplet page and 64 threads.

peter