----- Original Message -----
From: "Pier Fumagalli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: 5.0 proposal

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> >> That's why counts where not right on my side of the border... I don't
recall
> >> vetoing the proposal... I just complained vehemently that I'd prefer to
see
> >> 4.0 out of the door and stable rather than a 4.1 and a 5.0...
> >
> > 4.0 is out of door - the release happened long ago. So did 4.0.1...
4.0.4.

> > 4.1 is getting close - and it should be more stable and better than
4.0.4.
> > And 5.0 should be more stable and better than 4.1 and 3.3.
> >
> > And 6.0 will probably be better than 5.0.
> >
> > If you are interested in maintaining and improving 4.0.4 - just
volunteer
> > as release manager for the branch, you have my +1 on it.
>
> I can't be a RM for 4.0.4 because I would simply remove 70% of the code,
and
> kiddies would start crying their butts off because they don't have the
> manager application, or JSP support :)
>
> But if anyone is interested I'd like to explore the opportunity of a
> Tomcat-HA (high-availability or hard-edition), based on 4.0 without the
> "crap" in there, and straightening out the request-response model...

+100!

As somebody who also intends to use Tomcat in production (around 10
different sites with a reasonable load, maybe 1/4 of vnunet) this would be
very helpful to me.

You mentioned a couple of specific things you would like to do. Would it be
possible for you elaborate a little more.

Regards,
Arshad