yes..I have a valid action(index.do) mapping, and it works perfect when it is manually
types on the URL. When it is placed in the </welcome-list> tag, Tomcat returns a
directory listing when accessing the web app. After researching this issue somewhat,
someone stated you have to redirect a jsp to an action/servlet. Is this true?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=welcome-list+tomcat+5+action&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=Hravb.33953%24f71.933942%40phobos.telenet-ops.be&rnum=1

George Sexton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I use Tomcat 5 and do this. Do you have a valid servlet mapping that points
to the servlet?

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/