The point of me adding

<servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

is that I want all request that match *.do to go through the Sruts ActionServlet. This
includes any *.do in the <welcome-list/>. The ActionServlet delegates the request to
the RequestProcessor, which uses the command pattern to map to the appropriate action.
It should not be necessary to add index.do as a servlet.

Bill Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tomcat 5 supports servlets as welcome-files, just not extension-mapped ones
(e.g. *.do, *.jsp). The reason is that extension-mapped servlets would
alway be choosen, even though in most cases the servlet couldn't handle it.

Simply adding a mapping like:

action
/index.do

solves your problem.

"R A" wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> When entering a servlet(action) in the tag, Tomcat returns
a directory listing. Does it support servlets in the tags?