All of you missed a very important trick. Specifing an index.do in the <welcome-file/>
tag is ok, but remember index.do is NOT a FILE, rather it is a struts action mapping!.
Therefore just including index.do in this tag would not work! The trick (yes trick
since I do not see this documented anywhere) is to place an empty index.do in the
webApplication directory. Once Tomcat loactes the file, it executes the (URL)mapping
to this file, which kicks in the struts ActionServlet. I notice this seems to be an
issue with a lot of people on the internet, so I would document it - later!

Bill Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Suite yourself :). The other work-around would
be to put a (possibly empty)
index.do file to let Tomcat know that there is something there for it to
serve.

"R A" wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The point of me adding
>

> action
> *.do
>

> is that I want all request that match *.do to go through the Sruts
ActionServlet. This includes any *.do in the . The
ActionServlet delegates the request to the RequestProcessor, which uses the
command pattern to map to the appropriate action. It should not be necessary
to add index.do as a servlet.