Suite yourself :).  The other work-around would be to put a (possibly empty)
index.do file to let Tomcat know that there is something there for it to
serve.

"R A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The point of me adding
>
> <servlet-mapping>
>       <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
> is that I want all request that match *.do to go through the Sruts
ActionServlet. This includes any *.do in the <welcome-list/>. The
ActionServlet delegates the request to the RequestProcessor, which uses the
command pattern to map to the appropriate action. It should not be necessary
to add index.do as a servlet.