Has anyone managed to get Cactus to work with Tomcat 5.5.1 on JDK 1.5RC?
I always get stuck with

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Invalid index 0 in LocalVariableTable in
class file org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect

LogAspect is indeed an aspect compiled by AspectJ, which doesn't support
JDK 1.5, yet. I was under the impression that nonetheless aspects
compile to ordinary bytecode, but in this case something seems to have
gone awry.

In effect, I'm not sure, if it's currently possible to use Cactus with
Tomcat. If it is, I'd appreciate it highly, if someone tells me how it
can be done.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  Airtight arguments have
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]        vacuous conclusions.