Dear List,

I am having a hard time to figure out how I could fulfill a special requirement in a current project.

I could use either tomcat 4.1.x or tomcat 5.0.x for this project, I presume it doesn't make much difference in terms of possible solutions.
The project also uses struts (1.2.2) and here is the special requirement: Instead of encoding URLs with "our" tomcat's session Id I have to use the session Id from another server to encode the URL, since all URLs first call that other server which then includes stuff from "our" tomcat. Hope that description was clear ...

Anyway, what I would like to do is somehow "smuggle" a response object into a request/response pair that could then have it's own encodeURL implementation. I don't really want to patch tomcat if possible and I also don't want to extend many struts classes which would be another solution. Anyone got an idea?

I have tried to use dynamic proxies (creating proxies for CoyoteResponseFacade objects) but that didn't appear to work (invoke would not get called on the proxies).

I also had a look at the option to wrap my own implementation of HttpServletResponse around the CoyoteResponseFacade, but that also didn't get me very far. I was hoping that the .setResponse method of CoyoteRequest could help, but I cannot get to a CoyoteRequest object, only to a CoyoteRequestFacade object. Hm ...

If all else fails, I guess I will have to patch tomcat.

Thanks,
Markus