On Monday 13 September 2004 15:11, Shapira, Yoav wrote:

> It's possible to use Cactus with Tomcat 4.x and 5.0.x.  I haven't
> tried 5.5 with Cactus yet.  If I were you, I'd try to make Cactus and
> Tomcat 5.5 work together first, without any aspects, and then add
> those later if you want.

I do get Cactus to work with Tomcat 5.0.27 (JDK 1.4.2), no problem
there. It doesn't work with Tomcat 5.5.1. There, presumably the problem
is caused by the "requiremended" JDK 5 (or whatever it's called today).

I'm not using aspects in my own code. As far as I understand it, which
isn't very far at all, the aspect stuff comes as a mandatory part of
Cactus, thus I can't try without it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Tomcat 5.5.x in this regard. I
had only hoped that people on this list may have encountered and
possibly solved the same problem before. On the Cactus list apparently
nobody and judging from bug reports, people have noticed the problem,
but there's been no further comment from anyone.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                         Those people who smile a lot
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             Watch the eyes