Hi Steve and thanks for you answer.

Try the following scenario.

The problem is to get back the primary key when doing an insert. Say that
you have a master/slave relation between two tables.

You insert a row into master. Then you are going to insert a few rows
connected to the master into slave. How do you know the id-number of your
master?

I know that mysql has a non-jdbc soloution for this but since one of our
general design goals are portable code...... So, we have desided to take the
same apporach as Object-Relational Bridge. We created our own id-generator
to handle the problem. But its has created a new set of problems now when we
are going to use multiple web-apps and (in a not so distant future) mutiple
servers.

Regards
Roland Carlsson