Hello Steve!

I have done some trial and error and come to the following (if not somewhat
shaky) conclusion.

If I make the call to the datasource in the consturctor of my object it will
fail, since the caller is the server itself and it has no context.

If I make the call to the datasource as a method after have looked up my
object and retrived as a "user" it will run in the context of the user
(web-app) and therefore work. Perhaps Yoav can confirm this?

So, I manage to get my object...but get a strange class cast error....

This code:

System.out.println(o);
se.alfamoving.file.db.FileIdGenerator fg =
(se.alfamoving.file.db.FileIdGenerator) o;

Gives this output:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
java.lang.ClassCastException <snip/>

But I'll guess that I spelled badly somewhere :-/ The happy moments never
seems to last :-)

Thank you very much for your time and effort!

Regards
Roland Carlsson