I don't know what you mean by "I've seen on some webpages [sic] that
My [sic] IP is displayed as both exernal and internal".  The IP
address is for the internet and there is only one.  You may have
internal routing.  That is different.  I don't know what you mean
about webpages displaying your internal routing, if that is what you
mean.  That sounds sort of impossible to me.  See below:

<snip>
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:21:15 -0800 (PST), Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm just tring to see if http request that came from one IP address
> has more then 1 client behind it. I've seen on some webpages that My
> IP is displayed as both external and internal - so it means it's
> doable - but the question is how to get this info in Tomcat.
</snip>

There is good news and bad news.  First, the bad.  You cannot get
internal (e.g. intranet information) routing information from the
request.   Second, the good: which has two parts.  First part: thank
God, because this would expose you mercifullessly to the outside if
the request had this information. Second part: thank God, because you
don't need this information in the request   If you want to see the
direction back to a machine that is sending a request from any
network, that will be in the request without the internals of the
network being there.  The responder will know how to get to your
network and your network will know how to get to the machine.  So, all
is well that ends well.

Jack

--

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this