OK, I just wanted to know how this works. My development environment is not
the same as an environment in a large company which usually has a lot of
restrictions regarding accessing the internet.

I have made a simple test and unplugged the network cable of my
workstation. TOMCAT still started without a problem. So it seems that the
DTD's are somehow embedded in the source code.

Thanks for your information.

Thomas