That's actually what I was referring to by the building an incremental
jar.  Maybe that isn't the right term, but I meant as the classes change
it will automatically update the jar with only the changed classes.  Of
course copying the changed class files to WEB-INF/classes would work
too.  I just do not know enough about Ant to know if it can capture the
classes that have changed and copy them.  Still seems like it would be
nice to be able to specify an external classpath in the web.inf file..
thus, you wouldn't need two copies of your classes and jars on the same
machine.   What does everyone else do?  Just have a script that does a
straight copy?

Chris