Mark J. Nelson wrote:
Darren J Moffat wrote:
I like the idea.

its.reg: Rather than baking in SWAN_URL can we call it something much more generic like ALT_URL or INTERNAL_URL or CLOSED_URL ?

I think SWAN_URL is more accurately descriptive. If we call it "INTERNAL" or "CLOSED," then we merely imply "internal to Sun" or "closed except internally to Sun."

That assumes that the only people interested in webrev are those working on OpenSolaris and Java. Why not make it generic and not bake in more Sun specific terminology to it. Particular given that seems to be part of the reason for doing this fix - ie take the Sun specifics out of the code and into config files.

--
Darren J Moffat