Mark J. Nelson wrote:
Darren J Moffat wrote:
Mark J. Nelson wrote:
Darren J Moffat wrote:
I like the idea.

its.reg: Rather than baking in SWAN_URL can we call it something much more generic like ALT_URL or INTERNAL_URL or CLOSED_URL ?

I think SWAN_URL is more accurately descriptive. If we call it "INTERNAL" or "CLOSED," then we merely imply "internal to Sun" or "closed except internally to Sun."

That assumes that the only people interested in webrev are those working on OpenSolaris and Java. Why not make it generic and not bake in more Sun specific terminology to it. Particular given that seems to be part of the reason for doing this fix - ie take the Sun specifics out of the code and into config files.

I don't think we're too far apart. To really avoid baking in knowledge of Sun, you must not only avoid the terminology, but also generalize the internal-URL logic.

How does this sound:

- continue to use "-O" to mean "use only external URLs" and "don't include anything in usr/closed" - implement something like Alan's suggestion to include a domain tag for internal URLs in its.reg - change "its.pri" to be "its.conf," and allow domain specification as well as priority - change the conf file processing to read all three files (default, homedir, and command line) in order, allowing later settings to override earlier ones

That way, the its.reg is easily extensible to allow for non-Sun internal URLs, the default its.conf in SUNWonbld gets a "sun.com" domain, and webrev.sh loses all SWAN-specific knowledge.

Sounds great to me.

--
Darren J Moffat