Platonides <platoni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> I'm a bit concerned about the diversity of the tools made by each of us.
> Almost every user utilises its own library of files for providing a
> skin, db access... Which make integrating them into something coherent
> quite hard.
> These multiple frameworks may also be an effect of the large
> applications ban.
> [...]

I had similar thoughts recently when faced for the n-th time
with accessing Wikipedia per MySQL (on the toolserver) or
the API (elsewhere) in Perl.  It would be nice to have one
module with an interface that can be used by Toolserver
users and others as well.  Skins fall into this category as
well: I think most developers could easily adapt their tools
to use a centralized skin, but wouldn't bother to implement
one by themselves that is accessible and usable.

Tim