On 03/15/2012 09:50 PM, [[w:en:User:Madman]] wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Tim Landscheidt <t...@tim-landscheidt.de>
> wrote:
>> It depends on what you mean by "requirement".  Something
>> like "a library *must* provide a function normalizeLink()
>> with these semantics" would probably deter developers from
>> trying to implement it.  If on the other hand there was an
>> algorithm "if you want to normalize links, do A, B, C, D and
>> E" and corresponding test cases to check compliance, I think
>> it would be much more inviting.
>
> +1. Speaking as a framework developer, build a test case and it shall
> be done! If the list will allow a shameless self plug, based on this
> thread I've developed an alpha version of a framework (PHP-only,
> sorry) that:
>
> a.) supports all actions and queries in the API without any
> specialized code in the framework
> b.) supports updates to the API with a simple svn update, and
> c.) automagically selects a backend (HTTP by default but database
> server if available) for queries without the need to code for any
> given environment.
>
> Right now I'm seeing speed increases on the order of 2.5x and am a
> very happy camper. I've got to make it look all pretty (phpDocumented
> and such) and fix a couple encapsulation violations in the
> architecture, but if anyone's interested in betaing it once I can
> stand others looking at it, let me know! It's possible some bugs
> aren't going to be found except through actual use cases, encountering
> things like columns and indexes that don't exist on the Toolserver.
>
> Cheers,
> -Madman

You know what I'm about to say. :-)  Come on, come on, just show us the
code, as unbearable as you may find that.  Release early, release often,
let us get our paws on it and help you.  :-)

If for whatever reason you'd rather not have it on Toolserver, you can
get a Git repository hosted with Wikimedia
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/New_repositories and share it there.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator