Jim;  There are two separate pieces here.  The problem I believe you
are experiencing is that, independent of the replace property or
anything else, the triples are not passed through the sm:body
property.  I.e. the iteration body is where your triples are being
"erased" and none of the iterations have access to those triples.

ApplyConstruct takes a set of triples as input and returns a set of
triples (most SM modules do this).  If relplace=true, then only those
triples constructed in the module are passed on via sm:next.  The
other triples are "erased" for the remainder of the script.  So, yes,
replace=true does erase all of the triples from the input to
ApplyConstruct.

<...a subsequent iteration pass will still have the data from the
initial load?>

No, unlike sm:next, sm:body does not pass triples to the module.

-- Scott