> That seems dangerous to me.  What if a box (of class Box) references
> its
> 6 side rectangles (of class Rectangle) through a "side" property, and
> has a rule to infer its surface area by adding the areas of it's side
> rectangles?  If the rectangles' widths/heights change, it seems like
> only the rectangles spin:rules would get run.  Even if applying the
> rule
> recursively to new triples generated from the spin:rules, the only new
> triple from the area rule would be something like:
>
> rectangle hasArea 30
>
> The cube instance doesn't show up in that triple, so its rules
> wouldn't
> get re-run.

Yes. This is one of the trade-offs of this type of incremental
inferencing. In order to be complete, a more sophisticated
infrastructure would be needed, with rule chaining etc. We do not go
that far right now. The trivial implementation would indeed be to
reset inferences each time and re-run them all. But that's hardly
desirable, and our current solution captures a good fraction of the
common cases, e.g. to derive direct property values from others.

Holger