On 08.12.2017 02:46, niftybunny wrote: > I do not think they will compromise and this is “normal” behaviour for > a ISP from Europe.
I strongly disagree to that being "normal" in any shape or form. I have rented servers with several European hosters and have not once been asked for ID. > In Germany you have to send them a copy of your passport before they > even get you a server. Got this with Hetzner. No, you don't have to. What German law do you think would require it? If you made this experience, in contrast to anybody I know in the business, I would consider this extraordinary. As for Hetzner in particular, neither me nor any of my customers who work with Hetzner were ever asked for ID, let alone a photo. > So, nothing to worry about. I would worry about it! -Ralph _______________________________________________ tor-relays mailing list [email protected] https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-relays
