aubuti wrote:
> How much do you wanna bet?
>
> Only kidding, but sorry, I bet the number of monthly subscriptions from
> SB users (and it can be any SB, no reason it has to be a Touch) is
> pretty small in the Beats business plan scheme of things. Of course, I
> don't have the numbers to back that up, and I doubt you have the numbers
> either. I don't expect they'll go out of their way to break the current
> functionality, but there have been plenty of cases of streaming services
> innocently breaking things when they upgrade their side of things, and
> those were for cases that were a continuation of existing services,
> rather than a cut-over to a new service.
>
> We can all hope, but I don't take the lack of communication to SB owners
> from Beats about a change that is happening in two days to be a positive
> sign. Fingers crossed, and listening to MOG right now....

Beats has announced that it will launch on Jan. 21st (This Friday), for
Android and IOS. My guess is that they will also keep MOG operating just
as it is this Friday. Being in the software industry myself for over 30
years, that is usually the safe approach. No sense disrupting paying
customers just for a new product. It is not necessary and buys them
nothing.

Also, the reason for the lack of communication is probably that they
don't know themselves what they are going to do with MOG and it's
subscribers. They are probably waiting for the launch of the new. Get
the Bugs out and see how it goes.