On 12 sep. 2013, at 09:00, Steffen Hoffmann <hoff...@web.de> wrote:

> On 11.09.2013 23:13, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you mean some kind of subscription for (all) new tickets here?
>>
>> What I mean is when you create new ticket e.g. #12345, an e-mail address
>> 12345@mytrac.myorg should materialize on your mail server. Or not.
>>
>> Somebody may not want a particular ticket to accept e-mail updates,
>> hence "or not". Somebody may want to be able to create new tickets via
>> e-mail (I wouldn't want that without a filter on at least From:
>> addresses, but someone else might) -- then you'd have to enable it on
>> all tickets per-project or per trac instance. And so on.
>
> I see your point. However, mangling of system files like
> '/etc/trac/aliases' should not be considered seriously.
>
> IMHO it would be mandatory to have a static  mail server configuration,
> that forwards *@mytrac.myorg unconditionally, and let
> Trac/AnnouncerPlugin (or email2trac itself?) deal with filtering.
> Anyway, it should be kept in one place - the Trac environment.

All must be done with your MTA configuration. In our environment we choose for:
 *  email2trac+<ticketid>@surfsara.nl

This functionality is in the trunk version of email2trac. The other format is
also supported:
 * <ticketid>@email2trac.surfsara.nl

The most MTA supports wildcard email addresses.

Everthing is forwarded to our MTA and we have set the 'recipient_delimiter" for
postfix, see:
  * https://oss.trac.surfsara.nl/email2trac/ticket/297

> We do not have such functionality in Trac/AnnouncerPlugin today, true.

If AnnouncerPlugin also support this we have a complete setup.  Via email and
web interface.

---
SURFsara has a new telephone number: +31 20 800 1300.

Bas van der Vlies
| Operations, Support & Development | SURFsara | Science Park 140 | 1098 XG
Amsterdam
| T +31 (0) 20 800 1300  | bas.vandervl...@surfsara.nl | www.surfsara.nl |