On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 9:08:49 AM UTC-8, Vijay Varadan wrote:
>
> I did a fresh install of trac in the following environment:
>
> Ubuntu 14.04.3
> python 2.7.,6
> PostgreSQL 9.3.11
> psycopg2 2.6.1
> Genshi 0.7-3
> Babel 1.3
> setuptools 3.3
>
> Everything works fine when I use tracd as follows (user and group are set 
> to be the same as Apache):
>
> tracd --port 8000 -r --group=www-data --user=www-data 
> /var/wiki/funambulus_trac
>
>
> I proceeded to using the trac wiki with Apache 2.4.7  WSGI configured as 
> follows:
>
>          Alias /funambulus/chrome/common /var/wiki/funambulus_trac/www/
> htdocs/common
>          Alias /funambulus/chrome/site /var/wiki/funambulus_trac/www/
> htdocs/site
>          <Directory "/var/wiki/funambulus_trac/www/htdocs">
>                  # For Apache 2.4
>                  <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
>                          Require all granted
>                  </IfModule>
>          </Directory>
>
>
>          WSGIScriptAlias /funambulus /var/wiki/funambulus_trac/www/cgi-bin
> /trac.wsgi
>          <Directory /var/wiki/funambulus_trac/www/cgi-bin>
>                  Options -Indexes -MultiViews -SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
>                  AllowOverride All
>                  WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
>                  # For Apache 2.4
>                  <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
>                          Require all granted
>                  </IfModule>
>          </Directory>
>
>
>
> And the trac.wsgi file is the standard one created via trac-admin ... 
> deploy
>
> import os
>
>
> def application(environ, start_request):
>     if not 'trac.env_parent_dir' in environ:
>         environ.setdefault('trac.env_path', '/var/wiki/funambulus_trac')
>     if 'PYTHON_EGG_CACHE' in environ:
>         os.environ['PYTHON_EGG_CACHE'] = environ['PYTHON_EGG_CACHE']
>     elif 'trac.env_path' in environ:
>         os.environ['PYTHON_EGG_CACHE'] = \
>             os.path.join(environ['trac.env_path'], '.egg-cache')
>     elif 'trac.env_parent_dir' in environ:
>         os.environ['PYTHON_EGG_CACHE'] = \
>             os.path.join(environ['trac.env_parent_dir'], '.egg-cache')
>     from trac.web.main import dispatch_request
>     return dispatch_request(environ, start_request)
>
>
>
> When I access trac through WSGI, the header and footer are missing 
> everywhere. The site seems to work fine otherwise.
>
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7asbPOKiHRQ/Vr8bWd1GxJI/AAAAAAAAIMQ/AgBKJ1fxj3Q/s1600/trac-missing-header-footer.png>
>
>
> I've added TRAC_ADMIN temporarily to anonymous role to help with 
> debugging, in case someone wants to take a look.
>
>
> Does anyone have pointers as to where to start looking to resolve this? 
> I've not done much web development with Python / WSGI, but since everything 
> seems to be working fine without WSGI - I could use some pointers.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vijay Varadan
>


I think the documentation for Apache with mod_wsgi needs to be improved. 
Could you please try starting from the following?

Define hostname myhost.com
Define envname proj-1.0
Define sitepath /Users/rjollos/Documents/Workspace/trac-dev
Define envpath ${sitepath}/${envname}

WSGIDaemonProcess ${hostname} 
python-path=${sitepath}/pve/lib/python2.7/site-packages:${sitepath}/pve/bin 
maximum-requests=1000 processes=2 threads=25 inactivity-timeout=120

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName ${hostname}
DocumentRoot ${envpath}/www

WSGIScriptAlias /${envname} ${envpath}/www/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi
<Directory ${envpath}/www/cgi-bin>
WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
WSGIProcessGroup ${hostname}
Require all granted
</Directory>

Alias ${envname}/chrome ${envpath}/www/htdocs

<Directory ${envpath}/www>
Options -Indexes
Require all granted
</Directory>

<Directory ${envpath}/files/attachments>
Options -Indexes
Require all granted
</Directory>

</VirtualHost> 


You'll need to set hostname, envname and sitepath, and possibly modify the 
port 80 -> 8000.

- Ryan

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac 
Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/trac-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to