In our project to translate software into Quechua (an
indigenous language of the Andes), we found that
translating from Spanish helped our project immensely
because few Quechua speakers can read English.

I have written a php script for translating via an
intermediate language. It inserts the translation from
from a 3rd language into the comment field, so the
translator doesn't need to read English.

You can download it:
http://www.runasimipi.org/instrans.zip

See the documentation for the scipt at:
http://www.runasimipi.org/instrans-en.html
or
http://www.runasimipi.org/blanco-en.php?file=instrans

I hope that it will be useful to people in this list,

Cheers,
Amos Batto
http://www.ciber-runa.net/ab
http://www.runasimipi.org