Hi davidpgil!

I'm giving my input here, with the caveat that I'm not a gamer, a developer, or an artist. Onpon4 is developing a 100% libre game, and will likely be able to give a more informed opinion.

In regards to making money from your game, significant or not, making the art (including music) non-libre is not going to be of great use. Apart from potential ethical issues, there's no way you can stop redistribution without making the whole game proprietary- in fact, if your game becomes popular enough, even banning redistribution won't stop it from happening. You can still ban derivatives or commercial use without stopping the game from being libre, but neither of these will make anywhere near as much money as potential career opportunities gained by being able to show a game *you* made. It is of course your choice as to whether or not you ban these uses, but there's little to be gained from a financial point of view.

The ways you *can* make money, by contrast, revolve around discarding the concept of the game as a 'product' and turning it into a 'service'. Crowdfunding is a great way to do this- set up a campaign with a libre service (I would recommend CrowdSupply) and offer such things as choice in how the game is developed, extra material (although this should be libre too!), or merchandise. By breaking the game down into several semi-independent parts, such as modular levels, it might very well be possible to keep the cash rolling in for quite a while. You could also sell merchandise separately- even if it were something as simple as discs containing copies of the game.