Also, if I'm not mistaken, even Debian's "main" repository has some GNU FSDG issues, so even if one manages to "do it yourself" the process of disabling the other repositories, you still end up with possibly non-free software.

https://www.gnu.org/distros/common-distros.html says:
Debian conscientiously keeps nonfree software out of the official Debian system.

Is that statement is wrong? However, you may be referring to more subtle FSDG such as:

Programs in the system should not suggest installing nonfree plugins, documentation, and so on.
https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html

It would be good to point out the precise problems programs in "main" (if there are indeed problems) and have https://www.gnu.org/distros/common-distros.html details them.

As far as I remember, "contrib" and "nonfree" are disabled by default. As a consequence, no "do it yourself" "process of disabling the other repositories" is required.