----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2004 6:44 AM
Subject: [TruthTalk] Mormons and Women

 Here is another unhappy Mormon woman who is saying the same thing
about having to be sealed to a man in a temple to get to heaven... Judy

It Was NO Mistake

Dear David,

Thank you for confirming the suspicions I have had for many years about the Mormon church which I've been in all my life. Just thought I'd like to add an example of how unfair their rules are for women without going back to when I was a young girl since they will claim someone just made a mistake in my case (it was NO mistake).

Several years ago my uncle was going around to homes campaigning for the job of county commissioner here. He met a woman he visited regulary for sex and then decided to move in with her. He and his wife had been sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple. She divorced him because of the adultery. He married the woman who is about the age of his adult sons, she joined the church, and they were sealed in the Orlando Temple.

The church cancelled the marriage performed in the Salt Lake Temple. If the rules had been applied fairly, he would have been excommunicated according to church rules. Now if you keep in mind that they have indoctrinated women into believing they cannot reach the celestial kingdom in heaven unless they are sealed to a man in one of the temples while here on earth, you can see why women are unhappy with the system.

Blaine:  Woman as well as men may achieve the Celestial Kingdom without being married;  however, they remain separately and singly in their saved condition.   Marriage is an earthly ordinance, and requires proper authority for it to be binding beyond the grave.   As far as we know, no marriages are contracted after the resurrection. (See D&C 132:13-18 )

(See also  Matt 22: 23-33;  Mark 12:25; Luke: 20:35 )   Note that the passages in the gospels dealing with marriage are inconsistent, hence the need for new revelation for clarification of what the Lord meant.

This is a completeThe relatives here protect one another. His first cousin is a Patriarch and a big percentage of the members are related since it's a small community. The church boasts about how they begin teaching children at age 3.

Blaine:  The younger the start, the better development of the skill, for anything--champion Ice skaters are usually started at age 3-4; same with almost any skill or talent. Consider the alternative--waiting until Satan has had a chance to get the child into his grasp, then try to teach them?

I hate to admit it, but I've taught the 3-5 year old group, the teen-agers, and the adult class. I've been a history teacher in Miami so when I taught the adult class I didn't follow the manual exactly and used additional resources causing one woman who graduated from BYU to question my information. Last time I went to a class I noticed the teacher who is a school principal here, follows the manual exactly. If you question anything you're accused of being influenced by Satan.

Blaine:  This may happen in any Church, not just LDS--there are always people--I call them pinheads, or meanies might be a better word--who will do anything to get in the limelight.  If the Bishop is involved, I'd say the person teaching might need to be worried, otherwise, you should have just ignored this smartie pants BYU student--I have seen them do this myself.  They are sometimes little know-it-alls, for sure.  I graduated from the University of Utah, a state operated school (:>).

How did you find out about the connection to the Jehovah Witness and Satanism at the top level? I've always read and questioned things but that evaded me until I read it on your website. Thank you again. It's been a struggle for me but I'm feeling more free by the day.

Love,
Name withheld