----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2004 6:36 AM
Subject: [TruthTalk] Mormons and Women

From: "Dean Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> DAVEH:  I find the below a bit curious, Judy <bigt snip>....
So Judy......In my opinion, Karen's 'testimony' is a bit too contrived to
be believed by anyone except those who are gullible.

Judy:
I have another Oophs! here. It wasn't Karen who wrote the first testimony.
I read more than one and got the names mixed up; that woman didn't give
her name and Karen's testimony is the one below. I'm posting it because it
goes along with Dean's experiences. If this anointing with oil goes on then
I wouldn't be surprised at anything that follows.

Blaine: The anointing with water first--a cleansing ordinance--and then oil afterwards does happen.  But it is done on the head, neck, face, arms, hands, lower legs and feet.  And it is not done in the circular room, or even near it.  It is done in a special ordinance room where males officiate with males, and then another separate room where females officiate with females.  There are always two women or two men  for each ordinance, one a witness of the other, so noone can claim anything  bad or evil is happening.  No--none--mixing of the sexes ever happens.

Dean writes:
At the risk of sounding gullable Daveh-I have personally had women come
up to me on the street in SLC and make similar claims in the area that they
are oppressed by Mormon Church-talking of suicide and talked of becoming  a
lesbian-some even have made claims of being raped in the Temple. One went
as far as tell me that she approached me because we were the only ones who
would stand up to this church. I could overlook one isolated report of this
event but we have had many come up to us with the same report-but don't ask
for names as they were afraid to give those out. I have told you of this
before- last year. Is this related to the fact that SLC has a much higher
average than the nation in teen pregnancy and drug abuse? You will know
them by their fruits.Do you ignore the suffering of your own people by
turning a blind eye to this also?.

Blaine:  I go to the temple on average of at least once per month, and what Dean wrote is just so far out!!!  Wow!   Nothing sexual EVER happens in the temples.  The above--women being raped in the temple--is so rediculous it would be laughable.  But I seldom laugh at an outright lie, which is what thie story of rape has to be.  The temple workers are almost always senior citizens.   The men wear white suits with ties, and the women wear long white gowns, buttoned to the neck--talk about a bunch of puritans, these people could pass for such.   LOL  They are just a bunch of nice old people who are working out their days in the service of God, and glad to have the privilege of having something to do in their retirement.  And when I say NICE, I mean they are the nicest people I have ever met. They are all volunteers.  Many of them have been Bishops, and Stake Leaders--but all upstanding people in every way, called and chosen BECAUSE of their long records of service to others and of keeping God's commandments.   In fact, the president of the temple in West Jordon, Utah, is the brother of the former Governor of Utah Mike Leavitt who is now a member of President Bush's cabinet.  THAT is the caliber of people you will meet if you ever get inside a HOUSE OF THE LORD, wherein HOLINESS TO THE LORD is practiced!!
Karen writes:
I was reading your article about the Mormon's and the JW's and I have for
long time known something was really wierd about the Mormons. I lived in
Boise, Idaho for many years in the 70's and the 80's and they built a new
Temple (first in Idaho) right off the freeway so all could see. For a few days
before the actual opening of the Temple they allowed everyone who wished
to tour through the temple and see what is there.

Blaine:  Of course, they did exactly the above--so far, so good.  But ask yourself, please, why would they allow people to tour in the temples if they had something to hide?  The answer is that they have nothing to hide--that's it!  NOTHING!

I saw with my own eyes a circular room with 12 doorways covered by cloth
curtain which they explained were the doorways where the elders were to stand
and look as a young initiate was to undress and which they were supposed to
anoint every 'orifice' with oil. Next to this room and leading from that room
was a room where there was a GOLDEN CALF. Really now...what do they need
to have a golden calf for as in the Old Testament which the Jewish people
made sacrifice to when Moses was out trying to write down from God the
Ten Comandments.

Blaine:  This is clearly a fabrication, because I have been in several temples, including the Boise temple, and they are all alike inside, all have the same ordinances ongoing. Those I have not seen have been photographed inside , and they are the same as the ones I have been in.  The circular room was the endowment room, and I KNOW nothing she described ever takes place there.   There are NO golden calves ANYWHERE in any temple.  There is a circular baptismal font, supported by twelve bronze-cast oxen, representing the twelve tribes of Israel, where all baptisms for the dead are done.  The water is about waist deep, and separate dressing rooms for men and for women are on opposite sides of the font.  Persons being baptized must be fully clothed in white pants and shirt or coat.  Anointing every "orifice" is a lie-- no "orifices" are ever anointed.  Karen totally misrepresented--or misunderstood-- what she saw.

They didn't actually admit that they did sacrificing but they said it was for
their rituals of 'Faith'... I just thought you might find this interesting as you
said no one had ever been in one of their temples who wasn't a Mormon
and I might be just one of those rare persons.
Thanks,
Karen

Blaine:  EVERY temple is opened up for public view for days--usually two weeks---before it is dedicated to the work of the Lord, so if anyone wants they can go see the inside of the  next one that is completed.  Go to
www. meridianmagazine.com  for information on temples, and  anything else that is currently going on in the Church.  Also a lot of informative and interesting articles on that site.