Charles, Izzy, and Terry,

Thank you so much for the welcome, it's good to be back.  Jenna is having weekly treatments - she goes in to the Children's Hospital in Austin on Tuesdays for bone marrow tests and lumbar puncture. The spinal fluid tests are important because it is good news when they don't find leukemic cells there.  Sometimes she needs platelets which take about 1.1/2hrs to infuse.  She has to fast the day of the treatments and last week she and Terri couldn't eat until 3 p.m. It all sounds quite gruelling to me.  They plan to take the other children next week to show them what Jenna is going through (they don't seem to have any idea).  Our oldest girl flew back to TX with these children on Friday and she returns
tonight, hopefully with a good report.  Last time I spoke with Terri Jenna was having some side effects from the
medicine such as sore jaws and tiredness, she rests a lot.  They say their church has been wonderful. The ladies brought them meals for two weeks, vacuumed the house, and are still picking up laundry (which is endless).  They will childsit tomorrow while Terri is at the hospital - we are all very thankful for such a wonderful support system and I thank all of you for supporting Jenna with prayers.   judyt

Judy Taylor wrote:
Hello again TT'ers,
After two weeks of "Do your ears hang low" and a camping trip with two of the grandchildren, I looked in the archives to see if there was any interesting adult type communication going on at TT and this question got my attention because not only is it a good one and IMO is important to our eternal destiny.

Welcome back Judy.  How is Jenna doing with the chemo?
Terry