Why would you think that the King James quote below are the words of God?  I read the B of M many moons ago.   As I remember,  I read a passage in that book that was taken from chapters 1-13 of Isaiah of the KJV, italicized words included.  Not a positive for this young investigator.

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 00:43:38 EDT
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] A 'prooftexter' vs a 'contexter'

Blainerb:   Why do you not believe God can use his own words from the scriptures to express his displeasure over a current situation?   Jesus often quoted the scriptures to the Jews to make a  point.  In the book of Matthew, the writer (Matthew) often does much the same thing.  A departure from this would have indicated the story was false.