----- Original Message -----
Sent: 12/15/2005 8:06:31 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Cross

"Take up your star daily, and follow me".
cd: LOL

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Well, JW's have their own reasons, I suppose--probably different from ours.  Most JW's despise Mormons, just as they despise all non-JW Christians.  I don't believe we despise your religious tenets--we honor your right to believe as you wish, we just don't agree with everything you teach.   Sometimes the contrast seems to be a put down for you, but it is more just an assertion of what we believe, and some take offense at that.  The cross is a deeply embedded symbol of Jesus Christ, and I have no real argument with that--I just like stars better, especially since kevin and Co. have been so aggressive in trying to make the ones on our temples appear to represent Satanism.  His efforts have only all the more convinced me that stars are better than crosses--actually I never really thought much or even cared much about the subject until coming under attack.  But now, I have to take sides, and you guys are forcing me (us) to take a position.  So, my position, is naturally, stars are better than crosses.  :>)  However, I have to say I still have no really strong feelings against crosses--as I said, they are clearly deeply embedded in the Christian psyche--which includes mine as well as yours.