----- Original Message -----
Sent: 12/13/2005 8:53:21 PM
Subject: RE: Re: [TruthTalk] Cross

Isn’t it interesting that the mormon viewpoint about the Cross is the same as the JWitnesses?  They also think of it as an ugly symbol.  iz

cd: I view this as a way of removing honor from Christ for the work done on the cross-which was the will of God. So to them -the will of God was a sad thing- as if we got a bad/sad thing from the Lord in his plan of redemption?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
But we still think the cross as a visible symbol of Jesus falls short of what He stands for--the most important of which is resurrection to life in the Kingdom of God--God's life.  We do not think that is adequately represented by a cross.