Title: RE: [TruthTalk] Fw: Fw: Continuing repentance
This may be your opinion Lance and you may hold them to that - but God says that they either have a
HEART to perceive - eyes to see, ears to hear or they don't.  If they do the Lord is the one who has given
this to them.  He is not mocked and he either opens or closes the understanding.... nothing by chance...

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:58:16 -0500 "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I see EVER BELIEVER AS HOLDING PART TRUTH AND PART ERROR.

Thank you Dean, I see this also and can not for the life of me understand why some hold these men in such
reverence.  Luther once complained about the "pagan wretch" Aristotle whose words ppl were paying more
attention to than the Words of Christ.  He (Luther) said that God had made him a curse to them because of
their sin.  Could the same be true today in our generation?? Idolatry is idolatry in any generation.

"Yet the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day"
(Deut 29:4)

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:06:52 -0500 "Dean Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
cd: I see then as holding part truth and part error. Their fruits shows them to be more harmful then helpful. What did these two reform the world to Truth or error?I see error in the magnitude of the error of the RCC-which is evident of their praying to Mary as intercessor. Consider this- the truth has always existed but these guys step into the place of truth and prevent the existing truth from spreading with their teachings. The world will always receive error before truth. This is of course derived from my understanding of the actions of these two men mentioned.

From: Lance Muir

Dean:Am I (are we) to understand that you and Judy have now 'dismissed'  THE TWO MAJOR REFORMERS at that time in history? Do either of you perceive Luther/Calvin as UNbelievers?

I think there is a big difference.  Luther was a bit rude and crude and he went from crawling up St. Peters Basillica on his knees and flagellating himself in penance to going wild with "where sin abounds grace doth much more abound" and running off with that. So in his case the pendulum swung as far as it could in the opposite direction. Also he never got completely free from the RC taint in his attitude toward the Jews which was not one of love and longsuffering by any means. One can see the influence of Augustine there - Luther wanted them hunted down and killed.
cd: Judy did you know that M.Luther had Street Preachers put in oversize bird cages and hung up in the church even on Sunday morning while he and his followers worshiped God. Amazes me that some people quote hin as an enerest speaker for God. In the entire Bible who was persecuted- the Christians or the pagans? When have Christians done such acts? Concern the moderation of religion-here is what the Bible says:

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

In the above I see no room for modernizing (ie.alter/changing)the gospel to comform to modern belief of righ or wrong.To do so is a great mistake.